Shoes2Adore is committed to protecting your privacy. We value our visitors and endeavour to create an enjoyable and safe shopping experience when visiting our website.
- Information collected Shoes2Adore
- Controlling your personal information
- Website Security
- An Introduction to cookies
- Your consent for cookie deployment by our website.
- Cookies used by our website
- Actual cookies deployed
- How to disable cookies
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website and use your account to buy any products from us.
- When you make an online purchase and checkout as a guest
- When you create an account with us
- When you purchase a product in person or by phone but don't have (or don't use) an account
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you book any kind of appointment with us
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send to you
- When you comment on or review our products & services
- When you fill in any forms. For example if an accident occurs when receiving a personal fitting, the fitter may collect your personal data.
- When you've given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you
- We collect data from publicly-available sources (such as Land Registry) when you have given your consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of Law.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- If you have an online account with us: your name, billing/delivery address, order and receipts, email & telephone number. For your security, we'll also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- Details of your interactions with us online or when visiting in person. For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made, items you viewed or added to your basket, brands you show an interest in, web pages you visit and how & when you contact us.
- Details of your shopping preferences
- Details of your visits to our website and which site you came from to ours.
- Personal details which help us recommend items of interest. For example you might tell us your shoe size, which will allow us to recommend appropriate shoe brands.
We'll only ask for and use your personal data collected for recommending items of interest and to help your shopping experience with us. It is always your choice whether you share such detail with us.
How & why do we use your personal data?
- To process any orders that you make by using our website, in person or over the telephone. If we do not collect your personal data during checkout, we wont be able to process your order & comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may be needed to pass onto a third party to supply or deliver the product that you ordered. We may need to keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractural obligations such as refunds
- To respond to your queries, refund requests & complaints. Handling the information enables us to respond.
- To protect Shoes2Adore and your account from fraud & other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update & safeguard your account. We'll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify & resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our website. For example, by checking your password when you logon and using automated monitoring of IP addresses to identify possible fraudulent log-ins from unexpected locations.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions
- To process your booking /appointment request.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences & details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone & social media about relevant products & services. For example special offers, discounts, events etc.
Shoes2Adore would like to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve this is to obtain the best picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you. We then use this information to offer you products that are most likely to interest you. You are of course free to opt out of hearing from us at any time. Please remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain permissions, we may not be able to provide you with certain services you've asked for. For example, if you've asked us to let you know when a certain item comes back into stock, we can't do this if you've withdrawn your general consent to hear from us.
How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security means to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it. We secure access to all transactional areas of our website using "https" technology. Access to your personal data is password protected and sensitive data such as payment card information is secured. We also regularily monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we'll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will be deleted completely.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your data with trusted third parties. For example a third party who will supply & deliver your order. In this instance we only provide the information they need to perform their specific services. If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will be either deleted or rendered anonymous.
We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you
- The correction of the personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- The deletion of the data we hold about you, in specific circiumstances. For example when you withdraw consent or object.
- Restriction of the use of your personal data, in specific circumstances. For example while we are deciding on an objection you have made.
- That we stop using your data for direct marketing
- You can contact us to request to exercise these right at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time & withdraw that consent.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will never store your credit/debit card information on our website. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology and will be transferred and processed by Paypal or Worldpay. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small data file that is automatically placed onto your computer's hard drive. Cookie files are created by our website and placed onto your device in order to analyse and influence your preferences or behaviour. Analytical cookies are designed to track your journey and experience on our website - so that we may tailor your experience and gather data. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
The majority of modern web browsers will automatically allow cookies to be placed onto your device. However you can usually modify your browser's settings in order to prevent any cookies from being placed onto your device. Setting your browser to block cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Cookies deployed by our website:
- ensure that functionality operates as intended
- remember your choices and preferences during and between visits
- allow you to share pages via popular social media networks including Facebook and Twitter
- allow you to interact with our website by leaving comments or opinions
- post enquiries via online forms
- track your visit for statistical analysis, allowing us to improve the usability, speed and security of our website
Cookies are not deployed to:
- collect any personal identifiable information (without your express permission)
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- pass data to advertising networks
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- pay sales commissions
Our website has Google Analytics installed which allows us to track and compile anonymous visitor statistics. The information collected ranges from simple traffic volume to the type of browser you are viewing our website with. This information is valuable to us not just for marketing analysis and quantification, but to improve the usability, security and load speed of our website content. Google Analytics is a popular, secure, flagship webmaster product from Google. The privacy and security of Google Analytics data is a high priority at Google that you can read more about on Google's Analytics Data Safeguarding page. Google also offer a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on that will allow you to automatically Opt-out of all websites that track your activity via Google Analytics. No personal information is collected by Google Analytics.
Cookie Consent Check
Upon your first visit to our website, you will notice a subtle banner on the page alerting you to the fact that cookies are being placed onto your computer by our website. In order for our website to remember your choice of opting-in, we store a cookie which expires after the set amount of days below (see table).
Our eCommerce website is built on the popular open-source platform - Magento. Magento and eCommerce platforms in general require the use of several essential cookies for the website to function correctly. A comprehensive list of the cookies placed by Magento are detailed in the table below.
Our website's visitors can choose to contact us via form(s) on our website. In order to prevent spam enquiries, we protect our forms with anti-spam challenges which ensure the visitor is an actual living person, rather than a computer bot or spider.
Below is a table of information which lists all cookies deployed and used on our website.
|Cookie Category||Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|Cookie Consent||complianceCookie||This cookie is set by our website once you have seen and acknowledged our Cookie banner. This cookie will expire and automatically delete itself after 14 days.|
|Google Analytics (Universal)||_ga||The single default cookie for Google Universal Analytics. This sole cookie used by Goole Analytics stores a unique client identifier (Client ID) which is set randomly. This cookie is set to expire after 24 months (2 years) and is refreshed each time you visit our website.|
|Magento||CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLY COMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
Most modern browsers allow you to control your cookie settings for all websites that you browse. You can disable cookie deployment completely by editing your browser settings, however in doing this you may be limiting the functionality that is displayed on our website. To learn how to disable cookies on your preferred browser we recommend reading this advice posted by Google.
If you are concerned about cookies tracking your movements on the Internet then you may be concerned about spyware. Spyware is the name given to a particular band of cookies that track personal information about you. There are many anti-spyware programs that you can use to prevent this from happening. Learn more about anti-spyware software - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware. You call also disable Google Analytics on all websites by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.